The club was founded in 1920 when a group of committed community minded people took the initiative to establish a tennis club in Arklow.
The club was renamed Arklow Lawn Tennis Club.
The third tennis court was developed and the original two tennis courts were resurfaced with tarmacadam.
A new clubhouse was built replacing the original Kynoch’s wooden building.
The clubhouse damaged by fire was rebuilt within months. In this period the Club organised Senior and Junior Open Weeks which attracted players from all over Ireland and abroad to Arklow.
Floodlights were installed on the three courts.
The 75th Anniversay of the Club was celebrated.
The 90th Anniversay of the Club was celebrated.
New court surfaces and perimeter fencing.
Today the Club has three floodlight OmniPro courts and a newly renovated clubhouse. We are one of the oldest sports clubs in Arklow with a great tradition of tennis behind us.