About Us

Who We Are



Arklow Lawn Tennis Club is a friendly local club of about 200 members that welcomes players of all ages and abilities, whether it is for social play or competitive matches and tournaments.


We are open to new members and offer a range of subscription options to suit your circumstances, all of which represent excellent value for money, with special discounts for families.




ALTC is is an affiliated member of Dublin Lawn Tennis Council (DLTC)


Check out our annual rates and download an application form here



History

The club was founded in 1920 when a group of committed community minded people took the initiative to establish a tennis club in Arklow.

1971

The club was renamed Arklow Lawn Tennis Club.

1976

The third tennis court was developed and the original two tennis courts were resurfaced with tarmacadam.

1981

A new clubhouse was built replacing the original Kynoch’s wooden building.

1983

The clubhouse damaged by fire was rebuilt within months. In this period the Club organised Senior and Junior Open Weeks which attracted players from all over Ireland and abroad to Arklow.

1995

Floodlights were installed on the three courts.

1996

The 75th Anniversay of the Club was celebrated.

2011

The 90th Anniversay of the Club was celebrated.

2014

New court surfaces and perimeter fencing.

Today the Club has three floodlight OmniPro courts and a newly renovated clubhouse. We are one of the oldest sports clubs in Arklow with a great tradition of tennis behind us.

Facilities

We have superb facilities here at the Arklow Lawn Tennis Club




  • Free use of our 3 outdoor all weather artificial grass courts

  • Floodlights on all courts

  • Clubhouse with changing rooms, toilets, showers and kitchen



  • Coaching programmes for juniors, seniors, beginners and improvers are continuously available in association with www.BigHitTennisAcademy.com
  • Competitive matches and fun tournaments

  • Social events